Primary Registration for August 2019
Whole School Panto
Strawberry Tea - Thursday 21 June
Health and Well Being
Learning in health and wellbeing ensures that children and young people develop the knowledge, understanding and skills which they need now and in the future.
Through our action, interactions, the ethos we create and the curriculum we offer in health and wellbeing we aim to encourage all members of our community to:
- develop self-awareness, self-worth and respect for others
- meet challenges, manage change and build relationships
- experience personal achievement and build resilience and confidence
- understand and develop physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and social skills
- understand how what we eat, how active we are and how the decisions we make about our behaviour and relationships affect our physical and mental wellbeing
- participate in a wide range of activities which promote a healthy lifestyle
- understand that adults in a school community have a responsibility to look after the young people in our care , listen to their concerns and involve others where necessary
- learn about where to find help and resources to inform choices
- assess and manage risk and understand the impact of risk-taking behaviour
- reflect on our strengths and skills to help me make informed choices when planning next steps
- acknowledge diversity and understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to challenge discrimination.
Take a look at our school health and wellbeing policy for more information. This can be found under the "Parents" tab where you should click on "Policies".