Partnership with parents, professionals from outwith the school, and others in the community enhances the quality of the learning experiences through the shared knowledge of the school’s aims and strategies for learning.
In this school we involve, inform and communicate with other adults through:
- Disseminating information about the school and its work through, for example, the school website, regular newsletters, the pupil newspaper, curriculum updates, the Standards and Quality Report, open evenings and open days, concerts and special assemblies
- Sharing children’s learning with parents through “What we are Learning” information for parents and by regularly sending Learning Logs home
- Encouraging comments and feedback from parents about the work of the school
- Ensuring that the school’s aims and values are agreed, articulated to the school community and evident in actions and interactions
- Working with and supporting the Parent Council
- Providing information as to curricular developments to parents.
- Encouraging parents and other members of the community to come into school to share their talents and expertise and experiences.
These actions help to ensure a quality learning experience for our pupils.